Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Microcontroller Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
known uses of microcontrollers

i am looking for someone used the MSP430 microcontroller , for help me...please contact at alfanz81@yahoo.com

thank you for consideration

which microcontroller is used the most

I use ATMEL AVR

Nandhu

how to use microcontrollers

allan_ecker said:
I peek into the world of available microcontrollers and the options are making my head spin! Arduino, PIC, Atmel, etc probably all have different strengths and weaknesses but rather than diligently read piles of spec sheets and applications notes I figure I'll just be lazy and ask you guys which ones you're using, and why.

I prefer to use the 8051/8052 uC if the capability of the uP was enough,

because the resouces(including compiler, debugging tools, etc...) of the uC are sufficient to me.

Hope it can help you...

rabbit 4000 assembly tutorial

All type of PIC micro, for last design I've also used the NXP (Philips) LPC2106 (ARM) with IAR Kickstart and C programming, very nice microcontroller, fast (60 MHz with internal PLL), small in size and cheap. Only some drawback, there is no internal EEPROM and you have to work with Flash sector to emulate the EEPROM behaviour and this is quite simple to do and there is no brown-out and undervoltage detector then you need to add a external reset uP like the MCP121.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Cheers
F.F. a.k.a. Powermos

16 bit c8051f340 microcontroller cross compiler

lp211x
lpc2294
i just love working at arm7 core controllers :)

microcontroller to use

I have used quite a few of the Micros:
1. AT89C51/2051/52, P89C51RD2
2. C8051F340, R2010
3. AVR - Mega, Tiny
4. R8C/13.29
5. PIC16F877,PIC18F4550
6. STM32F102
7. LPC2138/48
8. AVR32- AP7000
9. MSP430F20XX, MSP430F149
10. Cypress PSoC Micros 28X series.
11. AT91SAM7X256
12. Renesas SH7720

And still perusing new ones. I am going nuts with the burden of my head and doing real cross coding.
Well like once I wrote a MOVWF of PIC in an AVR instead, or a B next of ARM in SH.

Hope that you to are having a good time with your micros. These things are so nice I decorate my every thing with them.

I believe Creativity is the one every one should seek.

Those who keep trying never Fail - just remember !!

Best of Luck!!

what do micro controller do

I use the PIC - they are good for most small projects I think

c programing tutorial of microcontroller 8051/52

I am using PIC 16F877.It is working well.

microcontrollers+use

Hello,

PIC is no doubt is very good microcontroller specially the 18 series. One consistant problem however is beeing seen over the last few years that it resets occasionally in the noisy or high voltage environment. The problem also exisit with Atmel . But i dont know about the AVR or STmicros.

Dani

which microcontroller microchip

i prefer Atmel Mirco controller. I use AT89S52 cause the programming cable is easy to build.

what microcontroller to use?

If you are a noob, the best uP is the one that gives you the best tutorials. I have gone through many and browsed through them several times with little success until I saw www.smileymicros.com (I don't run that site.) The tutorials are pretty decent and worth the $.

RAM size, number of ADCs, ports etc don't mean squat if you're a noob and want to do your first project. AFter you become an expert you can be selective.

Thats just my opinion, I may be wrong.

16f clocks per instruction

i use dallas n mc68hc11,but pic is very very good

atmel microcontroller toronto

i use both PIC and avr microcontrollers both of these are flexible microcontrollers BUT the matter witch is more important is programmer man and algorithms witch you use
ofcource PIC microcontrollers are more optimised and more sure

at90s8515 bangalore

i only used pic 16f84a but only in a school...

the use of microcontroller

Pic has minimum instructions. And easy to learn

12f508 brown out

mostly the simple one, 8051

16f828 vs 16f84

Think some consideration should be given as to the availability of the devices in your country.

You might be lucky a have a wide chioce - but not all countries do - example - some South American countries cannot even buy from Microchip Direct as they won't ship out there and the local dealer has very little choice.

My Micro - the Pics 16F and now 18F - cheap, wide choice, masses of online help from Microchip and many forums and user sites - plenty of beginner tutorials plus all software IDE, Assembler and C18 free from Microchip.

microcontrollers most use

I use ATMEL 89S series and PIC 16F and 18F family with C and assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back