Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Microcontroller Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan_ecker

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which microcontroller to use

I peek into the world of available microcontrollers and the options are making my head spin! Arduino, PIC, Atmel, etc probably all have different strengths and weaknesses but rather than diligently read piles of spec sheets and applications notes I figure I'll just be lazy and ask you guys which ones you're using, and why.

microcontroller uses

I use microchip pic. Actually it doesn't matter which one you use, if it's features are enough for your projects(speed, port counts,ram,eprom,pwm channels etc.)

use of microcontroller

If you intend to use at professional products, I sugest strongly migrate directly to ARM7 core, due it open architecture, being manufactured by several companies at all world. It will prevent you to suffer with logistic problems. PIC familly is manufactured just by Microchip. I use PIC16F familly at all my recent projects and I don´t like this dependence.

+++

what microcontroller to use

I started with the PIC 16F84 and then worked my way up to the 16F877. Starting with assembler and then migrating to PIC CCS C compiler. It was fairly easy and did not take much time.

which microcontroller

I use maxim, freescale, and atmel's micros, why... because they gave me free sample. So if you want to be the newest on everything, use product that the company give freely to us as a sample...I LOVE THE COMPANY WHO GAVE ME SAMPLES FOR FREE!!

use of microcontrollers

I use PIC 16F628 or 16F877

uses of microcontroller

I prefer to use 8051/52, preferably the In System Programmable ones, like the ATMEL AT89S52 for example.
But the Dallas DS5000T is a good one with lots of onboard goodies plus nonvolatile RAM, but it's somwwhat expensive too :-(

~seemanta

microcontroller use in where

like most, I started out my microcontroller experience on a MicroChip PIC. I still use PIC's a lot (am currently using a PIC18F4550 for a hobbyist project) but I've also grown to like the TI MSP430 series.

It really boils down to ease of use and the tools available. MicroChip pretty much gives all the tools you need for free. If you want something high end, then you have to pay. TI and others, on the other hand, make you pay for even the basics.

On a related note, you might want to check out the Small Device C Compiler (SDCC) project over at sourceforge. It's a mature project (revision 2.7 the last time I checked) and it is a standard C compiler that supports most commonly used micros.

why use 8051

i use mega32 and BascomAvr compiler . these Two are great And so easy To learn. Try them!!!!

microcontroller which use

I uses ATmega8535 (8-bit AVR core) microcontroller with WINAVR C-compiler.
These MCUs are in system programmable and it is not hard to programming it in C.

uses of a microcontroller

I use the rabbit 4000 series. cant beat the on board ethernet and the known good modules they sell for very little money

c8051f340 free c compiler

Atmel AVR microcontrollers are very easy to use (simple programming model) have low cost and you can find them everywhere. Also all AVRs too fast.
So I use the 8515 (at90s8515 -atmega8515), Atmega162, and the 2313.
Also very nice microcontrollers with very flexible and easy to learn assembly are the PSOC from cypress

how can i use a microcontroller?

I prefer ATMEL. Not just because of its simple architecture but because of its tool. I used Codevision AVR cross compiler. Here are some cool tutorials.

h**p://elecrom.wordpress.com/2007/10/21/tut1-introduction-to-avr/
h**p://elecrom.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/avr-tutorial-2-avr-input-output/

AVR Programmer:
h**p://elecrom.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/make-your-own-ultra-simple-universal-avr-programmer/

CodeVisionAVR :

h**p://ashishd.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/cvavrman.pdf

free sample microcontroller

ARDUINO is not a MCU
is a open platform and i can tell this is the great gadget i have seen i make it on breadboard with ATMEGA8 and programming language is so simple ... no need to know where is the pwm registers , no need to know where ADC registers .... just think to operation code not more. only need simple prog to burn the bootloader and after that everything goes over COM.
p.s. before i work with AT89S52 ... good MCU but littile slow
core 8051 ~ 12 clocks per instruction = 12 mhz crystal = 1 000 000 inst. per sec.
AVR ~ 1 clock per instruction = 12 mhz crytal = 12 000 000 instruction per sec

regards from BULGARIA

where do we use microcontroller

I use PIC12, PIC16 and PIC18. They are my favorites.
But recently, I bought AVR Butterfly and I'll start learning AVR...soon.

pic32 no internal eeprom

bld this is good choise :) butterfly has everythink you need to start AVR is powerfull and fast and simple to customize is not like a pic

regards from BULGARIA

related:www.bugblat.com/products/cor.html

I use both PIC & ATMEL AVR

what is the use of microcontroller

I prefer PIC microcontrollers.

Because there is lot of help in internet & many books also available.
Lot of task done with them & these are available in internet which may be good example to work with them. It also help you to work with advance project.
When I started I use 12f508 & 16f84.Now I also use 16f628 &18f2550.I always avoid 40 pin microcontrollers.

The free sample for PIC also available from

www.microchip.com

In atmel family I only like 892051. It is pretty well.

Now If you want to do some hobbyists project (The project needs some I/O only with little RAM program memory) 16f84 is best on.Since it have well detailed data shit and many example project.

Now If you need pc interface via USART use 16f828.
Now If you need pc interface via USB use 18f2550.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back