Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which MCU core Nokia & Samsung use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball003

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
While I was looking for the real applications of ARM7TDMI-S, I didn't get any clear idea. Is there any link describing specific devices that use ARM7TDMI-S core?

Which MCU cores Samsung and Nokia or other giant mobile or PDA companies use?

Do they all use ARM based MCUs? Or they use their own core based microcontrollers? If they use ARM cores then which ARM core most of the companies use in their devices?

Thanks.

Hi

About 2 years ago I found some advanced Nokia mobiles use ARM9
I think if you serch on nokia developers you'll find good information

Salam
Hossam Alzmomr
www.i-g.org

I found searching over internet that the companies are somehow tell nothing about the processor cores that they use in their products.

Specially when I was trying to get the info on how to develop JRE for specific microcontroller I found no help from them.

Try GBA programming. That is an ARM based device.
eBook from **broken link removed**.

Not exactly Nokia / Samsung stuff.

But I did try some of the code in the eBook and downloaded to a GBA as well. They work. A funny way to learn ARM.

John
www.TechToys.com.hk

hi dear freind
nokia old models uses arm9 core and new models is based on arm10 like s60 series and about samsung still use phlips nexperia series based on arm7 but not all samsung seperate this groups one-c ( philips 40575 & 40581 ) trident ( tr09q..... agere ) om-swift ( philips om6357.....) and sky work products just search this part numbers and you will be find more and about other phones most of them use arm cores xcept motorolla phones and ome sonyericsson phones use 32bit avr ,s....i hope can help you.

Added after 2 minutes:

and b the way sorry for bad english ...

TechToys said:
But I did try some of the code in the eBook and downloaded to a GBA as well. They work. A funny way to learn ARM.

Hi,
how u do that, i know there are special cartridges available, can u tell me which method u use, how u verify the downloaded code?? does the cartridge provide connections to attach external devices like LED etc.

thanks
sawaak

I used the download cable from liksang.

Development with GBA is not like development with a bare ARM chip or ARM development board that we can make thing work down to individual pin I/O level. Look at Jharbour website for HAM development kit, using gcc compiler with the GBA toolchain, compiled program for the color LCD screen as well as using sound from the GBA.

John

Nokia and samsung mostly use ARM9 or ARM7 processors.
TI came up with OMAP processors which is used in most of the nokia N-series phones as well as some android phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.