Which language is more popular in the industry (analog), C++ or Java?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aersoy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i like to learn an object oriented programming language like C++ or Java
i am electrical engineering student and i dont have a specific aim to learn these languages. The thing that i want to learn is which language is more popular in industry. I am mostly interested in analog design and i plan to choose telecommunicaiton courses and dsp next year.
i will be waiting your comments or any other language advice.

Re: C++ or Java

I think you should not go for OOP, but C++ or Turbo C is OK or C for microcontroller. You should also learn verlog and or VHDL, if planning for DSP etc

Regards

aersoy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi,

I think C++ language is most important for an Electrical or Electronic Eng.It has a wide field for an application.

Java is more efficiency for IT Eng.

good luck.

aersoy

i think you should start learning JAVA as your first Object oriented programming language, a reason to do it is that JAVA is a 100% OO language and it could be a good basis on OO topics also i guarantee you will be inlove with JAVA in a few days.

search on google for java on engineering and you will find a lot of topics as its relationship with mobile communications or domotics

a good point on learning c++: its relationship with memory managements (phy memory locations)... maybe C++ could be a more EE oriented language and its relationship with ansi C could be a reason to start on microcontrollers programming.

aersoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…