Does any body have a real opinion about arm7

Sammsung ?
Atmel ?
Motorola ?
Philips ?

Need something with normal package
My regards

Depending for what!

To select a CPU is not just an affaire of diferents BRANDS .. It doesn't make sense ..For once the core is the SAME !

So what other funcionality do you require!
SPEED? , POWER? , PERIPHERALS? ,PRICE?

i use the A7 family from TRISCEND is a SYSTEM ON A CHIP = CPU + FPGA + PERIPHERALS ..

BACK TO YOU!

I have seen Excell sheet on arm site . There are most of the mcu's with arm core and their parameters . But I think ARM will share first place with Intel's x86 core in popularity because of wide usage in mobile area - as far as 3G is going to start . Most of the terminals are ARM core based .

ARM7

OKI Semiconductors introduced good line of ARM7 based microcontrollers

You have to take the manufacturer's data sheets with a pinch of salt. Select the processor from a company with long experience of manufacturing the chip. In my experience, Atmel AT91 is good.

JJ
8)

It is pleasant thing to read all of your replies.

I would like to have a idea for a cpu with 128K flash 16K ram
2 Uarts 68PLCC or 64-80 QFP packages.

So far I found special/difficult to use packages althought there are lots of cpus.

My regards

in this case .. look for philips ;0)

cancel said:
in this case .. look for philips ;0)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Philips forum:
**broken link removed**

New ARM CPUs from PHILIPS:
**broken link removed**

The LPC2114/LPC2124 are based on a 16/32 bit ARM7TDMI-STM CPU with real-time emulation and embedded trace support, together with 128/256 kilobytes (kB) of embedded high speed flash memory. A 128-bit wide memory interface and a unique accelerator architecture enable 32-bit code execution at maximum clock rate. For critical code size applications, the alternative 16-bit Thumb Mode reduces code by more than 30pct with minimal performance penalty.

With their compact 64 pin package, low power consumption, various 32-bit timers, 4-channel 10-bit ADC, PWM channels and 46 GPIO lines with up to 9 external interrupt pins these microcontrollers are particularly suitable for industrial control, medical systems, access control and point-of-sale. With a wide range of serial communications interfaces, they are also very well suited for communication gateways, protocol converters and embedded soft modems as well as many other general-purpose applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.