Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is better for programming PIC in C: hi-tech or the ccs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic1984

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

which is better for programming pic in c language : hi-tech or the ccs?

thanks for help

hi-tech vs ccs

Hi,

I use Hi-T*ch compiler and i like it alot. From what i read on the net, the code that is generated from the CCS is larger the Hi-T*ch.
Never Used CCS, so someone that used both of them, maybe they could shed some more light on this issue.

hitech vs ccs

they are just the same c to program picmcu it is just a matter of personal choice and the availablability since those software are quite expensive.

ccs vs hitech

u can try a freeware called cc5x. It works well with me :)

hi-tech ccs

jojokatada said:
... since those software are quite expensive.

i think the PICC Lite of hightech is free to download and use though it has processor and library limitations, works with sourceboost interface fine for me

ccs hi-tech

CCS PIC C compiler is very easy to use, with lot of built in functions which can make your life very easy. I'm satisfied with it!

hi-tech c vs ccs

I like CCS PIC C because it's easy for me , and can find more example from internet . CCS PIC C is build in function .

------------------------------

www.micro4you.info

hi_tech vs ccs

Some guys pointed out that CCS PIC C is not ANSI C, what are its disadvantages?

ccs or hi-tech

Hitech: efficient, ansi compliant, nearly zero pic specific functions, expensive. I used it. It's very good and i think it has good features for pic type µcs over ccs where efficiency is critical.
CCS: I only tried it. I think not ansi compliant. Has lots of pic specific functions which may make easier to use if you don't very familiar with the pic but according to me decreases efficient use. Cheaper. I think if you do smaller projects often, it has advantages over hitech but according to me hitech is better.

hitech c vs ccs

I used CCS. It is very easy. There are lots of examples on internet. I did not use hi-tech.

hitech c vs ccs c

I use ccs but I strongly recommend the hitech because they are more friendly with the standard C!

In ccs, are many restriction because the "extension" (example: pointer to "ROM" not are allowed).

Gorkin.

hi-tech ou ccs

I've never used the hi-tech compiler, but I would strongly advise against CCS.

Last year my uni purchased CCS to use to teach some robotics practicals. That it doesn't conform to ANSI C was a minor issue (in comparison). The main problem was that the software is buggy and generates incorrect code. You may think that the frequent software releases of CCS would mitigate this, but they don't. Each new version, while it may fix some bugs, introduced others.

In the end we had to revert back to an older version of CCS so students could finish their course - at least we knew what the bugs were and could advise students to avoid particular sequences of code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back