Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which IDE and programmer to be used for olimex stm32-h107 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to write program and flash it on olimex stm32-h103 board Development and Prototype boards and tools for PIC AVR and MSP430.
Which IDE and compiler should i use to program and programmer to flash the code on to the target?.
I do not want to use any rtos, and want to program as simple Kiel programs.
since i just have the board and the usb A-B type cable only ,I want to flash the target through usb. can the target be flashed through the usb only?
If suppose i want to go with JTAG, then i guess i need an intermediate hardware but i am not sure about it, please do clarify this doubt.

Thank you

you can use Code Composer Studio (CCS) V4 IDE. or eclipse IDE.
since h107 does not offer serial port output directly, you have to use a USB JTAG to program it. you need to buy it. you will get a JTAG hardware connect one end to PC and other end to JTAG port of board, for downloading and debugging the code.

Thank you.
I googled out a jtag which is parallel to 20 pin jtag cable .**broken link removed** And this thing can be hand made using a parallel port(DB_25) and 74HC244 IC and a few R-c-led components. Can such a thing be used as jtag for stm32-h107 target programming?. and what kind of low cost jtag would you suggest me(minimum requirement is only for flashing the target).
will this work**broken link removed**............wiggler is at bottoum of the page.

Thank you.......waiting for ur reply)

Last edited:

wiggler is very tricky when it comes to debuging.. i used it for few times, but found not user friendly. and when you download through JTAG, it does not have option to download the symbol file for troubleshooting.... For simple playing it is enough. but not for advanced trouble shooting....

Status
Not open for further replies.