Which dial-up modem can be interfaced with 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_aries

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELP! EMBEDDED INTERNET

Hello friends,
I am SAM, a student of bachelors of electronics(B.E.)in INDIA branch=electronics.i need some assistance from u people on my project

PROJECT TITLE=WEB PAGE CONTROLLED HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEM.(EMBEDDED INTERNET APPLICATION).

DESCRIPTION=An embedded system would control some of the home appliances.As we log on to internet and access a specific web page installed in the embedded system , we would be able to control the home appliances using the radio buttons (or something else) on the web page.

HELP=Initially i want to interface a dial up modem to 8051.Please let me know if any one of u know about dial up modem which can be interfaced to 8051.

REGISTERED WITH LOT'S OF EXPECTATIONS.

Re: HELP! EMBEDDED INTERNET

You should learn about TCP/IP protocol, first !
After that, you should buy TCP/IP hardware as
h**p://web51.hw-server.com/download.html
h**p://picnic.sourceforge.net/home.html
. . . . . . or you could do it !
after, You try write code for uC/uP connection with TCP/IP . . . . .
Good luck for U !

HELP! EMBEDDED INTERNET

The Dallas Semiconductor DS80C400 is an 8051 based High-Speed Micro with 4 DPTRs, ROMless, WDT, 3 Serial Ports, CAN Controller, 4 Timers/Counters, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Interface with TCP/IP in ROM, 1-Wire Net Controller, 64 I/O Lines + Address/Data Bus, 16 Interrupts/3 Priority Levels, 256 Bytes On-chip RAM, 9K Bytes On-chip SRAM, 16/32-bit Math Coprocessor, Optional 10-Bit Stack Pointer, Addresses up to 16M Bytes External Memory.
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Enjoy

FRIENDS tcsa35,KST,jcdup and nooknikz.THANKS A LOT 4 U R REPLIES.

nooknikz,
thanks 4 the web address.i found lots of important information on it.

jcdup,
thanks 4 ur web address too.

KST,
i have already visualized the concept. i know how does tcp and ip protocol works.i would try to develop a tcp/ip stack using assembly or may be C.i am trying 2 find a dail up modem (available in india) which can be interfaced to 8051 and then i will begin writing the code.
THANKS 4 U R INSPIRATION!

tcsa35,
i think u r refering 2 TINI(Tiny InterNet Interfaces ).but the problem is that to implement a tcp/ip stack it uses JAVA language.being an electronics major i don't know JAVA and can,t learn it due 2 time constraints.
any way thanks 4 u r visiting the thread and spending ur precious time 4 me.

FORUM LIVING UP 2 EXPECTATIONS.THANK U.

hi
this link may help u
see it
**broken link removed**
salaam
Ahmed

Status
Not open for further replies.