Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which circuit project do you recommend for me to complete my course?

GreatField

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could you recommend some simple circuit in VHDL that I can try to develop and some example input to test later? Initially I was trying to develop a MIPS microprocessor, but I would like something more current and relevant to today.

Hi,

I totally agree. I expect thousands lines of code for a microcontroller.
And even more for testing. When I think about functionally and timing testing every single command with different input values.
Logic, memory access, periferals, stack, asynchronous interrupts....

Klaus

Last edited:
https://vhdlwhiz.com/fpga-or-microcontroller/ Learn both and compare

"Don't make it any more complicated than it has to be." Pick any process like a dishwasher sequence or if you prefer complex, an AI-controlled vision system for a Tesla e-car.

Last edited:
Could you recommend some simple circuit in VHDL that I can try to develop and some example input to test later? Initially I was trying to develop a MIPS microprocessor, but I would like something more current and relevant to today.
How about making a 4-bit counter? It's a basic digital circuit that you can create this circuit in VHDL.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back