Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which books should I use for these courses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnchau123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some problems on which books shall I use on 2 courses. Can anyone tell me which book is better and why? Thank you very much.

Course I - Electromagnetic Wave
Option A: Applied Electromagnetism, by L.C. Shen and J.A. Kong, PWS, 3rd Edition
Option B: Field and Wave Electromagnetics, by D.K. Cheng, Addison Wesley, 2nd Edition

Course II - Signals and Linear Systems
Option A: Signal Processing First, by McClelland, Schafer and Yoder, Pearson, 2003 Edition
Option B: System Analysis & Signal Processing: with emphasis on the use of MATLAB, by Philip DenbighAddison Wesley, 1998 Edition

Thank you very much.
John :)

for electromagnetics, a book by krauss is great. then there is saidiku. of the two u have mentioned, cheng is more famous.

for sigs & sys, oppenheim,s book is good.
regards.

on electromagnitics i agree to that..
but if you want to be theoretical i would suggest the book of hayt!!!
ive uses it already

yeap hyat's book is good one for theory and its aviliable here........
but dont think it has that good varieties of numericals and example solutions...........

cheng and oppenheim are the best!!!

for electromagnetic i prefer you cheng

J D Kraus is good in electromagnetics and PROAKIS is good in dsp . FOR MATLAB u can use SANJIT K MITRA

option B is good,but at first what is your application, if y want to do the antenna then option B is good and if y want to do the filter, then the guide wave of cohon is good

For electromagnetic cheng for signal and system oppenheim.

Just go through the books topic by topic. No one book can be good for all topics!

In my opinion option B is preferred for both courses. I found them useful.

for em waves:
1.jordan&balman
2.saiduku
for signals&linear systems:
ramesh babu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back