Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to start studying card readers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffttan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
card readers

Hi,

I need help in the topic card readers...
Does any body now where I can start learning?
Thanks in advance

Re: card readers

A card reader usually has a USB interface for data access on memory cards (CompactFlash or Multimedia Card)

there aren't many info about card readers by themselves i guess
most topics are from vendors of memory cards describing their products capabilities

i hope someone has more to say here:)

card readers

hi
search in google with this key words Compact Flash controller USB

Hi saeid5977,

Compact FLash is a open standard and good documentation is available on internet.

try this out first
https://www.compactflash.org/

though USB interface can be a different issue.

regards,
sudhir

so i guess the compact flash controller is the same as the card reader:)
right???

no. compact flash is a type of flash memory.

i know
but with the word controller added, isn't that the card reader (which controls it all)

A card reader is a device, typically having a USB interface, for accessing the data on a memory card such as a CompactFlash, secure digital or Multimedia Card. Most card readers also offer write capability, together with the card, can function as a pen drive.

Today card readers can be categorized by the type and quantity of card slots: Single card reader (e.g. 1x SD-only), Multi card reader (e.g. 9-in-1) and Series card reader (e.g. 4x SD only).

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.