Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to start learning about Digital Television?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taring77

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DTV

Hi all,
i'm new to Digitial Television and will embark in a career in it soon.
How do i start off learining from the basics to everything i need to know about it.

thanks all
Taring

Re: DTV

h**p://625.uk.com/digital/

i would suggest, that you start with analog tv. since there were so many compromises made according to the old analog b/w tv standard to pal, ntsc and secam. i think dtv is easier to understand if you know the old standards.
best regards.

Tarring,

There are a plethora of subjects that all come together to bring the "Joy" of Direct TV to its subscribers. The "basics" might include an understanding of the "flow" of the signal, the subscription process, the installation process, and the utilization of "Conditional Access Modules" or CAMs.

More indepth study of any single aspect would most likely be best predicated by a more specific description of your job responsibilities. For instance, if you were hired as an installer you would need to know only the most basic information about the interaction of "the stream", the IRD and the CAM, nothing of the Head End Encryption process, and a great deal about the "Packages" and incentives offered to new customers. If, on the other hand, you were hired as an assembly language programmer for new CAM development, then you would most likely need a fairly detailed knowledge of generic encryption/decryption processes, the "rights management system", optimization techniques for the particular "core" being implemented, a good understanding of bitwise logic operations and so on.

I think you will find a lot of the "basics" covered in various sites found by doing a general "Google" search on DTV or DSS, including Directv's site. More detailed information can generally be found by narrowing your search criterea.

Fish

hi, i think you can start with: video demystified handbook.
you get to study all from scratch to dtv...
good luck

ps. I think the book is in here, if not pm me.

can any body refeer me an article

Status
Not open for further replies.