Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to start: design IC similar to TI bq2084V143

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdivella

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody and thank you very much in advance to the ones who'll answer to my question.

I'm trying to realize an electronic scheme with discrete parts that does, synthetically, the following:

Battery cells (connected in sequence) balancing
Voltage, Temperature, Current measuring
Over/Under Voltage/current protection
Thermal protection
Communication of all measurements with a microcontroller (ex. Cortex M3 via serial port)
Most of the topic's expert know that TI provides an interesting IC that makes all these things (bq2084), but... where should i start from if my aim is to create my custom version with the functionalities listed above?

Again, thanks in advance

giuseppe

The best approach is to read the datasheets and application notes very thoroughly.
Then purchase a demo board (if available) and start playing with it, making measurements, reading waveforms, sending simple commands.

"Discovering" how a new component works, is the very best part of design engineering.

Then, after you have mastered the device, you may decide whether it makes sense to actually design your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back