Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to sample the output in BPSK demodulator using Matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anadrol

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iam having this problem in the desgin of bpsk demodulator , i tried both correlator and matched filter approachs and the output of them the same, the problem is i don't know where to sample the output. when i tried to sample it at symbol periods it gives me sometimes BER>=0.5,
please need ur help

please change the extension of the file to .m
thx in advance

matlab help output code

Hello,

I think to reduce the BER, you have to begin sampling your received signal at its maximum value. This will give the maximum SNR.

bpsk sample synchronisation matlab code

can u explain more
i used the snr to be 12 db
what should i change
and tell me what u think of the output of the correlator

thx

Best regards
Yours Faithfuly
Ameer Mohamed

matched filter matlab tutorial

Hi Ameer Mohamed,
i can not see your upload, can you copy your code and past it here so i can see it, may be i can help you.

Regards
see my web site
Montadar Abas Taher

matlab code correlator

it is easy if you use equivalent scheme in base band

it means, the channel will include : the transciver filter + the modulator + ..+ the real channel+ .. + the demodulator + the reciever filter + the matched filter .

for see the infect of noise for example, we apply the superposition principal. It means , we assume the all others blocs are perfect : modulation , synchronisation , ....

its very easy, you must generate random information 0 and 1
make the mapping 0----- -1
1------- +1
if the channel is ideal (not selective), the signal at the output of channel is the same, else , its the signal + the ISI InterSymbo Interference

add the gaussian noise

make decision, if the signal<0 --------- 0
signal > 0 ----------1

compute the BER

compare to error probability of the BPSK 1/2(erfc((E/N0)^0.5))

see more (Digital communication) PROAKIS

good luck

mohamed el-shimy

anadrol said:
iam having this problem in the desgin of bpsk demodulator , i tried both correlator and matched filter approachs and the output of them the same, the problem is i don't know where to sample the output. when i tried to sample it at symbol periods it gives me sometimes BER>=0.5,
please need ur help

Look at the useful simulink models attached in this topic:

Status
Not open for further replies.