Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to find the Win4Lin 2.0 or 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracker_2001

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Win4Lin

Hi!
Can anybody tell me where to lay my hands on win4lin 2.0 or 3.0. It is an application which lets you run windows applications like ms office, adobe photoshop etc under linux.
I tried using wine but was not happy with it. It works fine for small applications like notepad etc but usually crashes when i try to run excel, word etc.

Thanx.

Hi,

I don't know where to find 3.0 or 2.0 but there is:
h**p://202.109.129.8/softasp/softasp/jxshow7.asp?softid=3688
something named "Win4Lin v4.0 Workstation Linux"

Somebody Else ;-)

Hi,
have a look here:
h**p://www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws_features.html

Windows & Linux

Hi all,
I'm a registered user of both products (VMWare and Win4Lin). For "normal" purposes (vg. reading those docs people insist to send to me in word format, running some apps that only exist in Windows versions, etc) I use win4lin, it's fast but only runs W95/98 and 2000. For "serious" purposes (vg running NT only apps-> HFSS8 CST3.4, etc) I use VMWare. It's a bit slower than Win4Lin and needs more resources (_memory_) than W4L.
They both are good programs and aren't too expensive. Try them
PS: There are "fixes" for those programs floating around the net....

chinasky is right
wine, win4lin or what they call them is cool for app. wirtten AS "nice" windows apps.
vmware is VERY nice if you what to run hole guest systems, also BSD sys or OS2 even win3.11 ?? And it works like a dream on a fast machine.
vmware is worth the $$

Status
Not open for further replies.