Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to find output data from PSpice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mica188

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need some help on my output data from PSpice. I have run a circuit and I want to figure out where are my output data. I mean when you run the circuit, it plots a graph current (I) vs time. I saw the plot in the software but is it possible to get these data? I search all the I open all the files but could find data. Please help.

Regards,

Mica

reading .csd files pspice

Hi,

Simulation results are stored in a .dat file. This a binary file format you can't read easely.

You can force the .dat file to be in text mode. If you use schematics to draw your circuit check the option "Text data file format (CSDF)" in the "Analisys / Probe Setup Options / Data Collection" menu :

Re: Output data PSpice

Hi,

Thanks, my version is an evalution version, so, is it possible to have output data?

Regards,

mica

Hi,

Unfortunately the eval version of probe cannot read the text format .csd file so it cannot display the results, but you can open the file with a text editor and see what it's inside. The generated output file has a .csd extension

I don't have a .csd extension. Is this normal?

I want to know the output data structure, for example, if my plot is voltage vs time. The output would like 2 columns one is the magnitude of the voltage and these other is the time or is it in another structure?

Regards,

mica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back