Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to find a jumper's footprint which consists of 2 pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kling

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Did anyone know where to find a jumper's footprint which consists of 2 pins? Thx~

Kling

Re: Jumper footprint

I would say its easiest to create the footprint with two pins/holes. you should check out the catalog and the jumper you wish to buy and find out the diameter of the drill and the distance between the pins.

For ex, i used a samtec jumper
https://www.samtec.com/ftppub/cpdf/TSW-xxx-xx-x-x-xx-xxx-footprint.pdf and it shows the dia of the drill is 40 mils and the distance between the pins is 100 mils.

U can make ur own.
Take any two pad footprint available in library of ur software. Save it as Jumper. Then modify its properties as per your need i.e. space between two pads, drill size, pad size, its boundry etc. then save the modified footprint in ur library and use it. (This is what we used to do in OrCAD)

i dont create jumper footprint
i define rules for unused layer trace ın pcb which only 90 degree or 0 degree
and draw it but be carefully make gerber file never forget added jumper layer to top layer

Any Jumper component specific will have a part number in which we can be able to get the datasheets for the footprint , but rather any 2 pin jumper in common is nothing but having 2 plated through holes of 100 mils apart, and must have atleast 20 mils of drill size holes .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back