Where to connect TDA5051A output (live or neutral)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz9915

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I searched over the net and many forums and also read the datashet, but i could not find whether TDA5051A output pins 14 & 10 may be connected (to live or neutral) I mean which in non-isolated schematic, i use live or neutral as ground?.
The another question is that if I connect it one phase so is it possible that in 3 phase installation, i get the data on another phase?

your help in this regard will be highly appreciated

Note: datasheet attached

Attachments

• TDA5051A.pdf
    255.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

The TDA5051 was designed for transmitting/receiving digital signals on power lines or any two-wire network, so if the units will be connected to the building’s electrical wiring system via a 120V/230V outlet, connect one wire line to pin 14/10 (via capacitors, see the datasheet) and the second one directly to pins 5/9/12, at the end this means it doesn't matter how to connect the outputs to the power lines.
And there’s no guarantees you will have a good communication in-between devices for a three phase system, actually system was design to plug into other outlets among the same wiring system, so communication for a three phase system depends on the local configuration and the noise conditions on the power lines.

Thanks mister_rf for the help and explanation regarding 3 phase system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…