Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is the location of the Buck Snubber Circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Gurus,
I saw several Buck cirucuits, and found the snubber circuits sometimes locates at the left side of the L2 in the buck circuit, and sometimes locates at the right side.
I am confused.
Pls comment the right location of the snubber circuit, thanks.
Best,
Tony Liu

Attachments

• 捕获11.JPG
    捕获11.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 104

Circuit construction looks like several stages of filtering via chokes and capacitors.

However it may be possible to select component values as to resemble aspects of buck converter behavior.

Normally in a buck converter there's a diode in the place of C2 R2, pointing upward. The diode acts as a snubber because inductor L2 pulls current upward through it during switch-Off.

However the source provides a path to path to 0v ground during idle period. Therefore the snubber diode is not so essential.

tony_lth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

You show a snippet of a schematic ... without context. So the only thing we can do is: guess.

My idea: it's a simulation circuit.
* L1 is stray inductance (not a true part)
* C1, R1 is stray capacitance (no true parts)
* C2, R2 is the snubber (2 true parts)
* L2 is the inductance for the buck (true)
* C3 is the output capacitor (true)
* R3 represents the load

Klaus

tony_lth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back