Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is subgridding option in CST 2006 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element7k

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Subgrid in CST 2006

Hi all,

anyone know what happened to subgridding in CST suite 2006. I can't seem to find the option anymore.

Thanks.

Element7k

Re: Subgrid in CST 2006

No subgridding in CST 2006. Apparently, they had some probles with it, so they removed it from the new version.

Hi Pushhead,

Hummm.. this is interesting. Do you know what is the problem? There didn't seem to be much info about why they have removed the feature. The only mention of subgrid was a single word in the advance manual. Maybe I should attend their seminar more often to keep up :p I am wondering if the removal is because they want to encourage more usage of tetraheral mesh?

Cheers,
Element7k

Pushhead said:
No subgridding in CST 2006. Apparently, they had some probles with it, so they removed it from the new version.

Subgrid in CST 2006

Dear friends,

Last year someone from CST told me that the issue of subgridding instability would be resolved in CST 2006. I did not expect that it meant they would take out the problematic feature instead of fixing it.

Regards

Element7k said:
Hi Pushhead,

I am wondering if the removal is because they want to encourage more usage of tetraheral mesh?

Cheers,
Element7k

Not at all, according to some of the developers. The tet mesher is purely for the Frequency domain and new MoM solver.

The subgridding was actually stable, BUT was not at all optimised from a memory point of view, so in many cases there was no significant benefit from subgridding.

The new version for 2006 has been optimised for memory and speed and is apparently as good as the Octree subgridding in Microstripes (which is very good).

We'll see......

according to some of the developers. full subgridding will be at half or the end of 2006

they working on it. SP5 is the next to come

RGZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back