Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I get information on real UWB-receivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektr0

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

narrowband receivers contain carrier frequency based downconverters with cascaded ADCs.

If we have an 24 GHz, 2 GHZ bandwith, UWB signal.
Adequate receiver topologies consist of correlation units straigth behind the antenna.

IS IST POSSIBLE TO DOWNCONVERT such a signal (2GHZ bandwith) to an IF.
Lets say from 24 GHz to DC...2 GHz ?

Thanks and Greets elektr0

Re: UWB-Receiver

Hello, well why not?) Could you please describe your problem in details?

Hello UWB-Man,

i think "Direct Spread Spectrum" and "Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum" are just the beginning of what UWB will bring.

I would say, mainly real UWB applications (500MHz to 2 GHz to ...) will use "monocycle time hopping spread spectrum" and familiar techniques.

I dont know the used receiver topologies in great detail, but I think it is based on correlation and matched filters.

If we think of an 24GHz +- 2 GHz UWB signal. Is it possible to downconvert to DC...2 GHz without loosing the information ? Probably, yes. Anyway, there is still the question how to process this DC...2GHz signal. Could we use conventional receivers ? How do we know, which frequency band has to be analysed at a specific time t0 ?

Where can I get information on real UWB-receivers ?

Thank you very much.

elektr0

See to get information about the UWB transceiver architecture. I understand that you want to prevent a folding upper and lower sidebands of signal spectrum. You should use image-reject method to solve a problem. Please correct me if i didn't understand your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back