Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
where can i get RT Linux
Is it free

Re: Rt Linux

rtLinux is free

please read this link on HOW TO RTlinux
h**p://irtfweb.ifa.hawaii.edu/~ao/software/aort/rtlinux/Install_RTLinux_RH71.html

and u can download a copy of RTLinux from
ftp.rtlinux.com/pub/rtlinux/v3/rtlinux-3.1.tar.gz

I think reading that link which i gave u will help u to get started with RTLinux

hope it helps u
_Helios

what is the difference between RTLinux and ucLinux?

RTlinux makes linux a soft real-time system.
ucLinux is linux for mmu-less processors (microcontrollers, etc...) it's not real-time.

Rt Linux

RTLinux is free. And most best RealTime Linux is HardHat Linux of mvstar.

RT Linux is a hard real time system, which provides an excellent interrupt latency of 30ns (worst case). but it has to be used with a standard linux kernel since it doesnt have the primitive OS functions like Memory and File system management.

Rt Linux

RTLinux is an extension of Linux to a Real-time operating system, which was originally developed by V. Yodaiken at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. Today, RTLinux is available as a community supported free version as well as a commercial version from FSMLabs.

RTLinux supports hard real-time (deterministic) operation through interrupt control between the hardware and the operating system. Interrupts needed for deterministic processing are processed by the real-time core, while other interrupts are forwarded to the non-real time operating system. The operating system (Linux) runs as a low priority thread. First-In-First-Out pipes(FIFOs) or shared memory can be used to share data between the operating system and the real-time core.

**broken link removed**
http://www.fsmlabs.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…