Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I get a cheap 240x320 LCD with controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diltsman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a relatively cheap 240x320 lcd with controller. I've been looking around and it looks like the SED1335 might be an option for a controller, but I'm having trouble finding one integrated with an lcd.

Does anybody have any recommendations for where I could look for this? I'm not dead set on this controller; it is just the one I've come across that looks like it would do what I want.

Re: LCD supplier

Hi,

Well you can search for 320x240 lcds and then check what controller they use from the datasheet.

However it might be better to buy a 320x240 that is easily, cheaply and locally stocked.
Most controllers do the same thing, just the firmware has some slight differences when coding up the init routines etc.

Also bear in mind the chip is over 10 years old so you might find its little used today.
Many modern displays also use spi interfaces so saving a lot of i /o pins.

Are you wanting to use some ready made code with it or do your own - if its your own code then get a modern spi unit, but be aware most of the modern units only operate at 3 to 3v3 and have difficult FPC type connectors.

Re: LCD supplier

I guess what I'm really looking for is an LCD and controller that is 240x320 with 4 bit grayscale. I would prefer a non-backlit LCD.

Any suggestions on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back