Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I get a 1:1 transformer in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smuel

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to measure the voltage between Earth and Neutral of a 3 phase supply. The measurement circuitry must be totally isolated, so I think I need a transformer with a 1:1 ratio to sit in between.

I've checked out my local suppliers catalog and they dont seem to sell any plain old 1:1 transformers...

Are they called something else?

The only ones I've found are designed to be used with telephone lines and have a 600ohm impedance on each side..

Anyone in Australia know of a supplier for the device I need?

Thanks a lot

Sam

1:1 transformer

1:1 transformer ratio for main power system called isolation transformer.

Regatrds,
Davood.

Re: 1:1 transformer

Try RS Components or Farnell .. They have planty of isolation transformers to choose from ..
Your nearset RS Components trade counter is in Port Melbourne, 294 Salomon Street, ph: 1300 656 636 ..

One other option is to use any step down transformer of known ratio and multiply readings by that ratio .. In this way you can use any transformer you may have on hand ..

Regards,
Ianp

Thanks a lot, I'll check out RS tomorrow!

Sam

I am afraid you won't be able to check out RS tomorrow ..
Tomorrow is the ANZAC DAY and everything in the whole Australia will be closed ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back