Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Where can I find a 1/8"(2.5) 4 Post Female Audio Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruhthakuga

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Where can I find a 1/8"(2.5) 4 Post Female Audio Jack?

I want to make a four conductor adapter for my 3.5 cell phone headset with mic to my 2.5 cell phone. I seen adapters for around $5 but they don't say if the female side are four conductor. These are usually for using headphone for listening to music but one cannot answer the phone with them. The ones I seen that are for stereo headset with mics are about $10 and I am a tight wad. . . the wad part is a bit. . a lot of an exaggeration.

CUI makes them. Both PCB mount and panel mount shown here **broken link removed**. Available from Digikey. This is the 1/8" (3.5mm) size.

Last edited:
I believe you are trying to make a 2.5 type cell phone headset out of a 3.5 type cell phone headset. You can do this by some simple re-wiring of stereo speakers and mic pins. It is also possible to use the same stuff for answering calls on cell phone.

But this re-wiring depends so much on the make of your cell phone.

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

Hi,
Check these links they have some info about the connections on types of Nokia phones and head sets.

Nokia headset / handsfree HDB-5 connector and schematics pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru
Nokia smartphone headset handsfree connector scheme pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back