Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can i fabricate microstrip and help with GENESYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've sort of figured out why EMPower simulation is not as good as the linear one when the LNA is connected to it. When i connect up the LNA in the schematic and optimize it, the circuit is optimised for the scenario when the LNA is connected. But since the LNA is invisible to EMPower, the EM response isnt very good. Is there a way that I could set up EMPower to take into account the LNA when running the simulation? How do i do this? Currently, I have set the LNA to be replaced by a short circuit in the layout. Do i have to set it up so that the footprint shows up? I wouldnt think that this will make a difference will it? It will be good if I can see the EM response with the LNA attached. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I can do this.

Another question which I have posted before is, Do I need some sort of impedance matching from the LNA to filter and back to the LNA again or I connect it straight to the feed lines (I don’t think the TL from the LNA will be the same width as the feed lines) or can I just omit the feed lines and connect the TL from the LNA straight to the resonators (ie will there be any matching issues)?

Hi,
I know that by using Suspended line filters ,size will bo due to the low current flowing on the metals ,but what about size of the filter when compared to normal topology.

Will the topology(Suspended line ) gives size reduction.

Pls reply and send some reference papers on the study of suspended line filters.

With Regards
Viswanathan

RF-OM said:
I checked your S-parameter files, they are normal 2-port files without noise parameters. Format is MA which is Magnitude and Angle. You can use Genesys. Just find 2-port device (black box) and assign your S-parameters files for the 1st LNA to this device. Then use your filter design as it is or as a one more black box with filter’s S-parameters. Next insert one more black box with 2nd LNA S-parameters. Connect all these parts with transmission lines that you are going to use on your board along with actual substrate. Now you can simulate the whole system. If there will be big ripple it means your filter have poor matching. In this case you have two choices: use Genesys’ Match module or insert simple matching circuits into your schematic and match filter there. You even can use Genesys’ Optimization feature for this.
Hairpin filter is much bigger than interdigital, so TL will be longer. Unfortunately my office computer has problems when downloading files from EDAboard site and often do not open them. I cannot check your hairpin design.
In Genesys you can turn on layour feature and when you finalize your design you can simulate the whole system with Empower EM simulator. It usually provides good results if you do everything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back