Not open for further replies.

rozeh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,:-D
i have a russian guitar that it has some odd components. i took several picturre of those components and put here untill see. who know what's these two components? look:
first this:
on this component wrote: m10 h90 0381

second this:
on this component wrote: h90 6800

notice: i think they can't be Inductor or resistor(because they have infinit resistant)!

Last edited:

At first picture seems to be polyester capacitor, and at third picture seems to be wirewound resistor.

+++

Reactions: rozeh

rozeh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Maybe capacitor but, not resistor!
as i wrote:
notice: i think they can't be Inductor or resistor(because they have infinit resistant)!

Maybe capacitor but, not resistor!
as i wrote:

Could be a resistor/inductor gone open circuit i.e. burnt out?

De-solder the component and measure it out of circuit.

Seems as though you have another similar one next to it - measure that component and see if the resistance is around 6.8k Ohms.

rozeh

Could be a resistor/inductor gone open circuit i.e. burnt out?

Or even he could be facing to a bad contact to probe meter, because components terminals appears at pictures as presenting some oxidation.

+++

rozeh

Or even he could be facing to a bad contact to probe meter, because components terminals appears at pictures as presenting some oxidation.

+++

Lets hope he also tried measuring on the leads too and not just the tag contacts?

rozeh

The red devices are old resistors.

Cannot help with the green devices - don't recognise them, but I assume that they are capacitors.

The grey tubes are low value capacitors.

This is World-War two technology - nothing special at the time, but looks exotic now.

Last time I saw components like this was about 40 years ago - and they were not new then.

Cannot help with the markings - the devices I saw were simple to categorise, as they were marked with things like 100pF or 120 Ohms (except using the omega symbol - not Ohms)

EDIT: - on second thoughts - I think I see a 10K resistor and a 6800pF capacitor...

rozeh

No, it's a ceramic tube capacitor.

rozeh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…