Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the reason of +CMS ERROR: 515 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_esk

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,gsm man
i want to send sms but i receive it "+CMS ERROR: 515" after these commands :
AT+IPR=9600
AT+CFUN=1
ATE1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CSCS="GSM"
AT&W
AT+CMGS="09360410831"
>INVALID GPS
ctrl z
:arrow:
+CMS ERROR: 515
what is reason of it??
there is any command that i didn't use ...?
:cry:

+cms error 515

You may want to consult your modem manual for the meaning of error messages and +CMGS command details! Generally, CMS ERROR: 515 means "Please wait, init or command processing in progress". I guess, you're sending a character after the <ctrl>-z, before the SMS text is accepted and confirmed.

cms error

hi
no, i dont send any character after "cntrl z" , i have 2 sim300 gsm are alike , i can send sms with one of them it is very fantastic because hardware of them is alike :D
i apply the same command and just work one of them
i think that problem is setting of gsm ,maybe???
is my commands correct and complete???

cms error: 515

is my commands correct and complete???
This can't be seen without displaying the exact modem communication, including all control characters. You may also want to add some delay between individual commands, at least during debug.

+cms error: 515

i examine gsms with hyper terminal and i apply the same command to gsms
i dont know why works one of them??
i am sure that i dont send Invalid Character and i am waited long time for init or command processing but no answer to me
i am confused
what do you think of its??

at error 515

To have clear condidtions, you may want to issue an at&f (reset to factory default) for both modems. I also don't understand why you send at&w in the middle of your communication.

Or did you mean, that none of the commnds is answered? Then you don't need to test with the confusing sequence shown above. Just try some basic communication and find out, if it's a hardware or configuration issue.

at commands cms error 515

hello
i used this commands as below but i received +CMS ERROR: 515 again:1
1-power device on
RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

Call Ready
at&f
OK
xt
ERROR
at
OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CSCS="GSM"
OK
AT+CMGS="09177397256"
> hello
i applied the command with hyper terminal
but no answer to me
my hardware is ok because another gsm is working correctly and i can send sms with its

gps cms error 515

I'm not using SIM300, and I don't remember a similar behaviour with another gsm modem (Siemens, Wavecom, Motorola). It may be a misleading message caused by a network service problem, e.g. SMS message disabled for the account, credit expired or similar. You may want to try sending SMS by another method (e.g. stored to/send from SIM card). Or change the SIM card between the two modems. You can also check other services as dial-up data connection.

how to solve cms error 515

This happened to me when credit on my prepaid sim expired. I had money on it but expiry date was, like, yesterday. Took me two days to figure that one out :cry:
Yes, these messages can be VERY misleading.

+cms error 515 in gsm

@b_esk

have you checked with network registration, did you saw CREG: 1 when queried for it or automatically after initialization, or may be checked the status led blinking to know whether the sim is registered with the network or not?

Surya

Re: +CMS ERROR: 515

This error is most likely due to NO or EXPIRED credit in ur SIM card

hay, i am using sim300 and i am also getting the same error. actually i am trying to send sms with gprs link. following is the command sequence i am following.

AT+AGATT=1
AT+CGSMS=0
AT+CMGS="mob num"
>message then ctrl z
+CMS Error 515

whats going on wrong?? please help.

Hi, this error is because you have a erro with the number of sestination or the sim card does not have credit

AT
ATE0
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CMGS="mobno"
>message cntrlz

try like this..

I solved the problem on my Simcom sim300 module.
if use AT+CGSMS=0 then modem use gprs and +CMS Error 515
when change to AT+CGSMS=1
everythig is't OK......

Re: at commands cms error 515

hello
i used this commands as below but i received +CMS ERROR: 515 again:1
1-power device on
RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

Call Ready
at&f
OK
xt
ERROR
at
OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CSCS="GSM"
OK
AT+CMGS="09177397256"
> hello
i applied the command with hyper terminal
but no answer to me
my hardware is ok because another gsm is working correctly and i can send sms with its

sim card problem or may b not sufficient balance

sms sending error/problem

hello every1,

I am using a Vodafone SIMcard, it has enough balance yet it doesn't send sms. It's able to make, receive calls, yet this problem.I have tried with two GSM modules(SIM300 & LEON100), but result is the same.

In LEON100 it just gives this
+CUSD:0 last balance deduction: from total balance:
(However it doesn't really deduct anything neither sms is sent)
When I try with AT+CEER it just gives No specified ERROR

In SIMCOM300 it just gives this
+CMS ERROR 515
Here when i try with AT+CEER, it gives
+CEER: No cause was given

Plz help me out solving this
Also note it gives out correct responce to at+csca so I suppose it has no gateway prb..!

even we encountered same problem.
first we tried with AIRTEL sim every other functions like call, message recieving worked fine but when we tried to send message we got CMS ERROR 515 and then we changed sim to BSNL then we could send message but call was not working.
then my seniors gave me another same gsm module board . every thing worked just fine with AIRTEL sim.
i think the problem is with the board.
solution better change board

even we got the same error
first we tried with the AIRTEL sim everything worked fine except sending message then we changed the sim to BSNL message sending worked but no other functions worked.
then my senior gave another same gsm module board . every thing worked just fine.
i think problem was with the gsm module.
hope this post will help.

solution is to find the problem with your previous board, moreover this may not be the only problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back