Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between various microcontollers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir1981

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what's diferent betwwen varios microcontroler such as avr,mcs51,pci...and what's the best for general purpose?

Re: micro contollers

ur question is a general
u can check the datasheet of avr, pic and msc51

but i recommend to first read about one of them( let start with pic it is simple)
and then go to know the difference between them.

Actually microcontroller are classified depending upon their architectures CISC or RISC PIC follows RISC hence it has only 35 Instructions to manipulate whereas Motorola, AVR, Fujitsu and other Microcontroller follow CISC type of architecture which has 136 instruction set you need to understand the basic architecture operations first to get into more details.

The other classification of Microcontrollers could be done using based on their features(peripherals) and processing power.

THese days we are getting Microcontroller which can be configured as per our need for like Psoc for more details log on to www.cypress.com

Let me know if you need any manual for architecture details you get at any web site.

Hi,
you must specify for what applications you need microcontrollers,
regards

AVR is RISC not CISC !
8051 is CISC , i don't know about PIC , maybe CISC

pic is RISC

hi
yaar ur question is a very general it is not basing on whether it is cisc or risc to choose a controller it always depend s on the application u do.if u require more number of devices to be interfaced u should check for a controller that has max no of IO pins ,similarly if devices to be interfaced are less and should be low cost u can choose one like atmel 89c51.

Hi,

Maybe it depends on your country too. Here, in my country the 51 series are more popular than the PIC or AVR series so we choose 51 series because of the cost.
Here we first learn how to use 51 series than for difficult application we use AVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back