Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the difference between Protel 99 and Protel 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
protel 99 vs protel 2004

Are the difference between these two products are many? Can a 99 user easily use 2004?

Re: protel 99 vs protel 2004

Yes, there are many differences between 99/99SE and AD2004. One of the biggest differences is the query language. It uses logic statements to do global operations and searches.

Many of the hotkeys and basic operations are the same. But many of the things you are used to in 99 are done differently in 2004. For example, board outlines and plane layers are handled much differently. Output is handled differently, global searches are done differently, parameters are handled differently, etc.

There is a big learning curve when switching to the newer version. However, the newer version can do much more than the older version. I suggest you take a look at the @ltium (Pr0tel) site, and get a demo version of the software so you can judge for yourself.

Re: protel 99 vs protel 2004

Hi everybody;
I have another question!
Excuse me, i know it is not related to this subject but i want to know why in this
forum some text replace with '*' or another charachter!
for example in the above word "protel" substitue with "p*otel" or "Pr0tel"
or "altium" with "@ltium".

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back