Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between monopole antenna and Loop antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

could someone provide some papers to explain the difference between monopole and loop antenna?
i ony know the monopole antenna ony has one feed and no ground, the loop antenna has one feed and the end of the radiator is the ground, but i do not know about the principle.
could you help me?

Google magnetic loop antenna

there 's dozens of hits and information describing their operation

D

hi,
these antennas were used on the handset, such as the smart phone...

hi,

could someone provide some papers to explain the difference between monopole and loop antenna?
i ony know the monopole antenna ony has one feed and no ground, the loop antenna has one feed and the end of the radiator is the ground, but i do not know about the principle.
could you help me?
It depend from dimensions , changing pattern diagram and most significant question is polarization. Typically loop antennas has circular polarization.

It will be a long paper. It is covered in Balanis Antenna theory Cpt 4 and 5. In short, Monopole with length l/2 on top of a flat ground has the field pattern very similar to an isolated dipole of length l. Both are electric dipole. A loop antenna is a current loop that equivalent to a MAGNETIC dipole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back