Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the definition of BER and SNR relationship in LDPC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiakejunlv

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ldpc code discuss

hellow guy:
:cry:
i learn the LDPC code recently, i have accomplished the encode and decode ,but i don not know the relationship of BER and SNR ,how can i define this relationship?
help me
qq:395044780 Email: jiakejunlv@126.com

Ldpc code discuss

Hello guy,

If you want to do simulation, encoder and decoder is not enough. You have to add AWGN noise based on your SNR setting to emulate the channel effect. And when you decode the bit stream, your program will calculate how many bit can not be correcting to right(i.e. what you transmit from encoder).

The SNR defination: 10*log(powerOfSignal/powerOfNoise)

If you are familiar with C, you would like to run the FAMOUS neal's LDPC program. And you may modify it as you like.
https://www.cs.toronto.edu/~radford/ftp/LDPC-2006-02-08/index.html

Another Chinese
Davy

Ldpc code discuss

Hi
SNR (signal to noise ratio) is a number determinates the amount of noise that you will apply on a channel or a series of bits ,so you must apply a noise (AWGN) then you will compare the bit errors with the Shanon limit to determinate the power of algorithm.
BER: in the receiption you can calculate the number of bit errors (any way).
the relation is nonlinear and can't described by a mathematical eqaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.