What will be the future of VLSI Engineers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raki31

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one...
I came to know that nowadays most of the companies are not running any projects because they r not getting any projects.
For Eg. In Tata Elxi for past 2 and half months no vlsi projects is running.
Is this is true....
If this is the case what will b the future for VLSI?
What will be the future for VLSI Engineers?
Do reply, I need ur valuable suggestions...........
[/i]

vlsi future

I think it's because of the economical crisis. I don't know how much time it will take.... I don't think VLSI domain will fall today because, everything high tech will need VLSI, and the people are starved about high tech. Probably now it's a dark period in this domain, but I cannot think of another domain unreached by the crisis.

Probably, there are too many companies in this domain. I don't know. I'll let other people to comment about this(maybe they know more...).

vlsi is having future in two years or not

I feel that VLSI has good future compared to any other field..
my reasoning goes like this..
Most of the products we daily use, will be converted to
electronic good...
Mean all the products will have some form or the other kind of
IC chip embedded in it..
Mean there is lot of VLSI market to grow.. application specific..
Infinite are the applications and so are the demand for ASICs or Embeddeds.

Can somebody comment on this. .?

I would love to discuss more on this. ..

vlsi groups

Tata Elxsi has lot of ASIC/FPGA projects going on.. Check Wireless ASIC/FPGA team or DSP asic team.. I do not know which division you belong..

future for vlsi

Tata Elxsi ASIC project is going on . Initially front end team was doing well , last 2 years backend is doing good compare to frontend. But they also facing the heat of economic slowdown.

is vlsi having good future

I got trained in back-end engineering.......
thanks alot for information......!!!

Added after 1 hours 6 minutes:

hi sivsiv n snehaganesh, thanks for information but they require candidates with 3+ years experience..... but am fresher.... what shd i do now ??

future of vlsi jobs

as my opinion, the VLSI future is very bright! but now the winter comes for the IC field , so we can wait for the spring of the VLSI domain!

vlsi in automobiles

Put it this way, in the next 30 years can you envision a world without some form of ASIC in use? Honestly, probably not. The technology governing the design of ASICS will surely change, however, the demand for ASICS will stay steady. For example, work is being done to have pulses of light transmit data on a pcb. Such a technology will surely get implemented once its practicalality is ensured and engineers will be the ones to do it. As newer technologies roll out redesign of older asics and development of newer asics will be in store. This is not to say that there wont ever be slow periods or dips in demand. That is just the nature of the world. Try your best to stay current in the new technolgies and you will be allright. In the immediate future, demand for asic designers are in creating power aware type systems. Furthermore, solar cells have a weakness when part of the panel is under shade from trees or what have you. They are looking to IC designers to help work around this situation. Infotainament systems in automobiles and planes are also swinging our way with rapid speed. Redesign of our internet technologies and algorithms are being discussed to cope with growing demand for highbandwidth internet all over the US. MEMS systems are in need of asic designers. soo many fields soo little time .

vlsi in future

VLSI domain has good scope ! many things will change in Digital TV technology ! stay tuned

scope for vlsi in future

Just like solor eclipse,
as long as human exists, ASIC should exist
technology may change, but it is based on present set only i.e., present design methods only

__sree

vlsi field in future

Integration is kill the VLSI .

1.CPU +chip set integration from Intel &AMD.
2. Moore’s law is ending
Now some new technology has to come on our way to drive the same phase of growth ,how ever VLSI will grow in application side such as automobile ,toys, security system etc (This only application growth and not technology growth )

vlsi application

Very true.
The time has come where more important is the idea of using(degree of applicability) than performance....
I think we already reached a speed limitation...

So until there are other solutions in terms of speed (and consumption), we must channel our attention on more features.

Too bad this economic crisis.(By the way, how long it will take?)

vlsi future technology

Here we have to see the fact ...non of CEO from semiconductor company will say we are in saturation ....but tat is true now….!!! We are moving to saturation

1.Nano meter technology is going to end..
2.Intergation is very high (in x86 market chipset is getting integrated to CPU.. now all chipset designer are out from the Intel /Amd market )
3.no new technology is coming in x86 architecture ..(PCIE ,USB ,SATA, LVDS all i/o came in 90’S ..after 2000 no new interface came to market ) .

I can give more points ..but it wont be nice ….SO people who is new to this field pls think twice

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
papers on present,past,future of vlsi

How do you say.. ? VLSI is something related to Electronics. Something related to hardware. We started with Vacum Tubes!. Now it is Nano Carbon Tubes!.

We reached almost saturation level in technology scaling down now to 22nm.
People say maximum it can go upto 13nm.
But does it mean semiconductor technology journey is going to end here..?

Ofcourse No chance. Something new will definitely come.! There will be slight replacement in technologies!. But definitely not the end.

V

vlsi future 2009

The Law of physics allows up to 9nm. There is a white paper from TSMC here:
**broken link removed**

V

fuuture jobs in vlsi

Law of physics allow less than 10nm ,but this will not help to reducing the cost of production as per my knowledge . FAB equipment used for this will cost very high .This point of time we have to wait and .....

Technology shift is not happening like earlier days :2000- 2005 it was mobile/handheld device revolution .This fetched a lot of money for VLSI industry

NOW : Intel and AMD came out with X64 bit CPU and same time x64 OS released from Microsoft …but right now more than <90% of PC sold out with 32 bit OS ..here we want figure out what user want ? how much we can innovate?

Added after 36 minutes:

see this link :Gene Frantz is TI Principal Fellow

**broken link removed**

Re: FUTURE VLSI ?

VLSI domain future is good compared to other domains. It just need more concentrate than other domains. But, now a days because of market crisis it is slowed down but you see the past record. It was always higher than the other domains.

Sometimes, it depends on the domain particular business. If it service company, design company, verification company, or combination of all.

Ours is the Design and Verification company. Even in this tough time, we have done good and had lots of new enquiries are going on and even had new project from the Giant customers....

So, it depends on service provided by the company and the business particular.

I think somebody can comment on the same topic....what do you think?

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…