Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what type of Microcontroller can i used in our project design??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bis0n

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what microcontroller can i use in our sms controlled automatic dog feeder which also enables to send notification on the owner and dispense food automatically by the time set by the user??

you can use PIC micro controller * PIC18F4620 -- has 13 analog inputs -- Wouter van Ooijen recommends that hobbyists use the largest and most capable chip available[1], and this is it (as of 2006-01). ~$9
* PIC16F877A -- the largest chip of the 16F87x family; has 8 analog inputs -- recommended by Wouter (#2); AmQRP; PICList. ~$8
* PIC16F88 -- has 7 analog inputs -- recommended by AmQRP; SparkFun. ~$5
* PIC16F628 -- Cheaper than the PIC16F84A, with a built-in 4MHz clock and a UART, but lacks any analog inputs -- recommended by Wouter (#3); AmQRP -- ~$4
* PIC16F1936 -- 11 ch, 10-bit ADC; two indirect pointer registers; XLP (extreme low power) ... recommended by some people on the PIClist as a faster, better, cheaper replacement for the 16F877. -- ~$3

if you are new to controller then i suggest you to go for normal atmel or philips 89 series controller.... but for atmel you need a seperate programmer...

it is easy to learn and do it...
philips are also very good with many inbuilt features for any project...

can i used what a FPGA or MCU??

---------- Post added at 03:47 ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 ----------

can i used a FPGA or MCU?

try atmel avr mcu they have comparators timers adc and various communication solutions built in, like spi, 1wire, usart.

Helpful? please click **broken link removed**

thx sir for the advice..

last sir, our project will also need a weight sensor.. can you give me suggestion what weight sensor can we used in our project..

Reactions: theta

theta

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
look here and select whatever you need

1. consider using a Hall Sensor or these pdf gives you solution

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

these days I use PIC24s or dsPICs even for small projects (lot more powerful than PIC16s and PIC18s and little difference in cost)
our project students find the Microchip microstick a good development tool
**broken link removed**

it is very cheap (about £16 and the IDE and compiler are free) and has a header which enables it to be plugged into a breadboard where students can build their own circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back