Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what type of mean(average) is taken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosheen

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there...
can anyone help me in answering that what type of mean(average) is taken in selecting a center(carrier) frequency in the entire AM (audio frequency band) at which sampling can be performed for extracting a particular channel(radio frequency channel)...

i'll be highly greatful if someone helped me in...

You do not take a mean -- You gradually lock into it.

BRMadhukar

Hi
You r not clear, but if you work in frequency domain and FFT, you should just take sample mean to predict your carrier frequency.
But it is not the method, using PLL is better.

Nosheen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
well m working in fequency domain and FFT.but how wod i get the sample mean..moreover the problem arises when my bandwidth iz also varying.
How wod i get the center frequency(as carrier) then for extracting my information...
And secondly how Phase Lock Loop help me extract the required freq band by using appropriate carrier frequency.
thanx
Regardz
Nosheen

Hi Nosheen
Do you see Carlson's book? I think this book can help you.
About your first question, if your FFT vector has N points, you can add M vectors and devide it to M for averaging. Choosing proper M and N is depend on you and some other points in your design and processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.