Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the difference between these 2 mosfets

Gaber Mohamed Boraey

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I’ve replaced a mosfet no. JCS3205CH with another one no. IRF3205 , it worked fine , but not for load

Are they equivalent numbers or no?
I noticed only difference the unit in doide in both, do you see any other difference?

Attachments

• 2948862A-7809-49FA-A001-8A3E31A17404.png
    2948862A-7809-49FA-A001-8A3E31A17404.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 4E6CF177-2BC4-4387-A226-B299A0F1F0DC.png
    4E6CF177-2BC4-4387-A226-B299A0F1F0DC.png
    188 KB · Views: 56
Hi,

the datasheet of each MOSFET isn´t just half a page or a single page. And this is for a reason.

We don´t know what your application requirements are, thus we don´t know which values of the whole datsheets need to be compared.

Klaus

What is your load ? The application ?

When you say the IRF part does not work with load, what do you observe ? Does it
fail, if so how ?

The two parts are pretty close in terms of thermals, gate charge, breakdown V, current.....

Have you observed gate V transients with a scope, same for drain ? The parts torqued
down with mounting screw to right value ?

Regards, Dana.

Thanks for everyone who cared to answer
The datasheet available on internet, I just couldn’t upload the pdf files here

I’ve tested the gates with hz from multimeter, all are 50hz frequency, but when in load they burn, damaged

The application is ups device, small watt for lid, something for some store cameras I think, don’t remember exactly the load

But I mean with load, that when connect the ups with lamp or something the mosfet damages, while without load it work fine and we have output

The mosfets are 4, take Signals from lm339 comparator and controlled by micro controller atmega 168ap

Maybe the comparator not sending right frequency at load?

They are almost same. IRF3205PBF is a little bit faster.
Faster means it can work with lower frequency?

By the way, here is supplier say it’s compatible mosfets , can be replacement
--- Updated ---

Here

Attachments

• ADDAE7F4-03BD-4F22-990C-C5CF26C992EE.png
    ADDAE7F4-03BD-4F22-990C-C5CF26C992EE.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Crummy pictures of what look like used parts, and they say, “ see, they’re the same”.

But forgetting that for the moment, when are you going to post some useful information that people keep asking for? a schematic? a block diagram? And, yes, it will work at slower speed.

I don’t have any information, all the ups come from china with only user Manual and not service manual , so no schematic or block diagram or any information help in repair, that’s why I’m asking here for help
Thanks by the way, I know now that they’re the same , and I think the problem with oscillation, so I will replace the comparator and see

Crummy pictures of what look like used parts, and they say, “ see, they’re the same”.

But forgetting that for the moment, when are you going to post some useful information that people keep asking for? a schematic? a block diagram? And, yes, it will work at slower

No, its response time seems faster. ( rising and falling time )
Hello
How about the pulse width difference in both?
Attached differente

Attachments

• B6AF5EF0-F1C9-4408-9656-D8B591E1FE20.jpeg
    B6AF5EF0-F1C9-4408-9656-D8B591E1FE20.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 44
  • EE0DB95B-BDCB-4EBA-9E7B-17DF6AA59349.jpeg
    EE0DB95B-BDCB-4EBA-9E7B-17DF6AA59349.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 41
So, “how about” it? WE don’t know what your requirements are, do you? Does 50ns matter? WE sure dont know.

I think i’m done here.

Hello
How about the pulse width difference in both?
Attached differente
Yes there is a 10% difference in total rise and fall delay+time, which is not significant to making it "work" but will affect dissipation slightly.

Hello everyone

I’ve fixed the ups by changing the mosfets with good ones number cs120N04

The problem was that the mosfets bought from local market are bad

Hello everyone

I’ve fixed the ups by changing the mosfets with good ones number cs120N04

The problem was that the mosfets bought from local market are bad
Report problem to distributor then close answer

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back