Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the black polygon in Mechnical layer 16 of PcbLib is used for in AD10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainux

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What the solid-region in Mechanical layer 16 of PcbLib is used for in AD10 ?

Hello,

I am a newbie in PCB design. Currently, I am using Altium Designer 10 for my PCB design.
When I reviewed some PcbLib files, I noticed that there is a square-shaped black solid-region in Mechanical layer 16.
It looks like a background made of a black solid-region, but I am not sure what this solid-region is used for.
I found several SMT footprints have this black solid-region in Mechanical layer 16.

Also, there are black lines which represent the shape of the component within the black solid-region.
Actually the black solid-region covered those black lines.
Therefore, the black lines are invisible unless I remove the black solid-region.

I am curious about what this square-shaped black solid-region is used for.
Can I remove it to see the black lines or should I keep it there?
I hope that someone could instruct me.
Thank you

Last edited:

Re: What the solid-region in Mechanical layer 16 of PcbLib is used for in AD10 ?

Hi,
While I didn't load the software to look but, I believe what you are seeing is the 3d model outline. Hit the number 3 key to go into 3d mode. This cross hatch will be the 3d model.

Re: What the solid-region in Mechanical layer 16 of PcbLib is used for in AD10 ?

Thank you very much for the comment.
Here, I include the images for your reference.

Attachments

• Mech16.doc
    31 KB · Views: 52

The black region is indeed the 3d model of your part. In the pcb, hit the number 3 key to go into 3d mode. (if you aren't in the mode already) Now hold down your shift key and use your right mouse button to manipulate your view. You will see the body of the ic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back