Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Telephone Chip to Use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

elex101

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

Im looking for a telephone chip that can be directly interface to the CPU via serial interface (TX,RX,GND).

Much appreciated if you can also refer some schematic for this.

thanks in advance.

If by 'telephone chip' you mean a GSM module, you may want to take a look at components such as GM862 and Nokia 12i. Using a small micro (PIC, AVR, whatever) and a level shifter (MAX232) you will be able to interface it to your computer through the serial port.

Hope this helps...

He didn't say the function required by the chip.
It might be a dTMF encoder or maybe a decoder.
It might be a caller display IC.

Hey guys, 'telephone chip' for landline or telephone itself. I want to interface a telephone into the computer serially. (TX, RX and GND only).

Hi, by now Im using AS2540 as my telephone IC. Reference circuit is also provided in its datasheet. My problem now, how I can make the piezo produce louder sound as my ringer.
Kindly help me how to fix this.
Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!

The size of the piezo determines its loudness. A big one is louder.
The enclosure (its volume) for the piezo can be tuned to the sensitive resonant frequency of the piezo for higher loudness.

i can't find any suplier for the nokia12i gsm module! only one and didn't respond for alot of emails!.. can anyone guide me to somecompany that i can buy this module from it?

thanks

i can't find any suplier for the nokia12i gsm module! only one and didn't respond for alot of emails!.. can anyone guide me to somecompany that i can buy this module from it?

thanks

Thru ebay or china source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back