Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
1. Code density in RISC machines are very poor. ARM does not have good code density. To improve code density, they introduced THUMB architecture in ARM.
This enabled the processor to execute code in 16 as well as 32 bit format. So speed increases.
2. Introducing cache memory, DMA controllers also increased speed.
3. Introduction of AMBA AXI the speed has also increased compared to normal AMBA bus.
4. Core CPU operating voltage has reduced to 0.9V in the latest ARM cores.
5. Less interrupt latency.
6. Configurable crystal oscillator
7. Pipelining stages
8. And all other features listed by others.