Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of resistor is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metiz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help me identify this resistor? It's not a weird one, I just **** at electronics. If read from the isolated brown band down, I get 180 ohms, asuming that silver band isn't gray. Can anyone confirm?

J6jWssq.jpg

I suggest brown-black-black-silver brown, 1.00 ohm 1%

Or brown-black-black-silver gray brown, 1.00 ohm 0.05% 100 ppm. But 0.05% tolerance with 100 ppm TK would be about to useless.

Or brown-black-black-silver gray brown, 1.00 ohm 0.05% 100 ppm. But 0.05% tolerance with 100 ppm TK would be about to useless.

I thought these things had to be read starting from the isolated band... oh well, so 1 Ohm then. That makes this thing even more suspect. It's from a broken TL armature and when it was still solderd on the board, it read something like 14Mohms. After desoldering it I couldn't get a reading at all.

Maybe it was used as a fuse and it has blown because there is still a fault in the circuit. Then a replacement resistor will also blow or the circuit will smoke.

Maybe it was used as a fuse and it has blown because there is still a fault in the circuit. Then a replacement resistor will also blow or the circuit will smoke.

Is there anyway of finding this out? The resistor was part of a fluorenscent light. There are 4 leads, 2 going to eacht tombstone where the light bar rests in. One side has a high AC voltage (higher than my multimetre can take so I only had it on for an instant) while the other end is dead (no voltage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back