Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this Lissajou pattern and what does it deal with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Anand Srinivasan

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lissajou pattern

what is this lissajou pattern and what does it deal with
one of the books i studied mentioned this but i don't remember the details

Re: Lissajou pattern

Lissajous Pattern: - A lissajous pattern is produced on the screen when two sine wave voltages are applied simultaneously to both pairs of deflection plates of a CRO.

A known frequency fH is applied to the horizontal input, and an unknown frequency fV is applied to the vertical input. Then a lissajous pattern with loops is obtained. The unknown frequency fV can be measured by the relation;

Figure shows typical case of lissajous pattern for particular frequency and phase difference.

Re: Lissajou pattern

Lissajous is a name french physician..this makes CRO as a most verstaile electronics measuring instruments..by means of it we can find phase difference between two signals..as well as we can find unknown freq. with help of a known freq given to horizontal amplifier and unknown to vertical amplifier. The resulting pattern will be function of two.both freq should be multiples of each other..in the folwing attachment page 2,3,4 will give you necessary info.other pages are redunant info...actually i thought of eliminating redunant info. but i could't....

Status
Not open for further replies.