Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the use of "C" in this Integrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring1860

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
look this Integrator

Hi guys:

anyone the use of the capacitor 'C' (see the picture)

THX.

Re: look this Integrator

Hi,

You can easily derive the Transfert function by decomposing the capacitor.
Regards.

look this Integrator

the capacitor is connected between the two inputs.... u have not given the sign of inputs and outputs... assuming negative feedback... the capacitor is gonna slow down the variation between the two inputs....

thanks for all ur kind applies
but i do not understand it clearly
why we need to add a capacitor in the two input node, what benifit can it bring?
THX.

Hello,

this can't be decided without knowing the characteristics respectivly the specification (if it's a standard device) of the fully differential amplifier. Apparently, the amplifier either has limited gain or the circuit is incomplete, cause no bias is shown, in other words, the integrators initial condition would be undefined.

One explanation could be, that C reduces the amplifiers loop gain to improve stability.

Regards,
Frank

You have a differential integrator. For a perfect differential input signal (where V+ is exactly equal and fazed to V-) C has nonsense.
But if V+ and V- (input signals) are fast pulses slighty unfazed (imagine spikes for example) C is acting as an input filter.
Without C, the output integrated voltage will swing inequal for Vout+ and Vout-

The right answer to this question may be given only after a complete description of the circuit and after knowing the value of all components.

thanks all
i'll check ur suggestions carefully
i think i should do some simulatios first ,then compare the differents between with/without the 'C'
thanks to all of u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back