Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the relationship bewteen ADS and Candence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyttl

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
as a freshman in RFIC designing,i saw some senior students use ADS to design theirm schematic,simulate,and then do layout using Candence,followed by futher simulation with Candence.Why do they do it in this way?thank you!

Do you possibly mean ADE (Analog DesignEnvironment)?

You have a lot of simulation templates in ADS and simulation is much faster in ADS. You can design and test your schematic in less time. I think it is ease of use. In order to perform layout cadence would be the best resource. You can know alot of things while simulating the circuit in ADS.

coz it is not a big pleasure to do layout in ADS and Virtuoso is not a perfect tool, but if you are going through in the sufferings in the beginning, it is quite okay.
But due to my experience in the RFIC field the RFDE is the most common tool, so basically the Agilent simulation capabilities are added to the Cadence IC design flow.

ADS is stronger in RF domain. It is one of the best tools of RF system and board designers. You can also use it to design chip level circuits and layout. As mentioned above, the layout tool is not so interface friendly. When dealing with large scale transistor level netlist, some time there is convergence issues.

Cadence is strong in custom IC design. SpectreRF has enhanced the RF simulation capability. However, generally speaking, it regared that ADS is still a better choice in this field, e.g. HB simulation.

You can use the two sofeware together by Dynamic link or RFDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back