Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the reason for this overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmonon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i put in my microwave oven a malamine pot it gets extremely hot, what is the reason for that?

To cut a long story short, melamine plastic (melmac) stands fairly warm temperatures, but absorbs heat and softens if it gets too hot so cannot be used in microwave ovens ..
Also, avoid exposure to hot objects, and prolonged exposure to boiling water ..

Regards,
IanP

Is it just the melmac pot or with food inside? Do you observe it hot when food is being prepared or warmed inside or you tried it empty?

Another reason I can think of not using melmac in a microwave oven is that it contains toxic glue. NOT GOOD!!!

D.

dont use ur malamine pot in ur oven cuz as far as i think tends to to become soft if it undergoes prolonged heating

pmonon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A proper oven-ware should always be used for such heating purposes because if not done so, it not only destroys the melamine (or even if some other material is used) but also sometimes results in the wastage of the nutrients from the food.

pmonon

In a microwave oven the basic phenomenon is Electrical resonance...............a process in which the matching of frequencies of microwaves and the item u have placed in da oven causes the molecules ov ur item to oscillate vigorously.........thus increasing their own Kinetic energies and thus rising the temp of the item..............but the main thing is the matching of frequency of molecular oscillations wid that of microwaves............which in case of MALAMINE is very close to it............thus it becomes much hotter than ur food .....:D

pmonon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back