Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the parasitic extraction and how is it carried out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

protonixs

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is parasitic extraction and how is it carried out?

parasitic rc

"parasitic extraction" means : get the RC after your layout drawing complete,and add the parasitic of RC to simulate your circuit again to see its' performance aslo meet your spec. am i right?
thanks.
baggio

parasitic extraction

yes
the best software for parasitic extraction is mentor's calibre xrc

Re: parasitic extraction

Ok, I have designed the VCO and for schematic simulation it can be run for 4GHz, then I convert the schematic into layout and did parasitic extraction, simulated again but its can only run till 3.5GHz (because of the extracted RC).

Do you have any suggestion, to fix the problem? Do I need to reduce the RC on the connection or better for me to change the transistor width layout or both?

Arghhhh. It is tedious to changed the layout because I used custom layout :cry:

Most of the analog layouts are hand-drawn.. :D
dont worry.. its quite normal where you fix the design after post-layout simulations and then end up changing the layout.

Extract parasitic RC RC/CC parameters, Mentor Calibre integrated in Cadence environment is the most popular DRC/LPE/PEX tool.

Usually, the inductance of the lines in the layout is not included in parasitic extraction....so the extraction is not 100% accurate....any comments?

parasitic extraction

It cn also be done by the fire and ice extraction tool which is there in SOC encounter
any coments?

Synopsys STAR RCXT is also widely used in industry as a tape out tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back