Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the outage capacity and how to find it in Matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone plz tell me what is outage capacity and how to find it in matlab ?

waiting,,,,,

outage capacity definition

Hi

This text is taken from the book "Fundamentals of Wireless Communications" By David Tse and P. Viswanath. I think this is better explanation of the outage capacity, you can find similar explanation in Goldsmith's Book as well.
In the slow fading channel, the key event of interest is outage: this is the situation
when the channel is so poor that no scheme can communicate reliably at a certain fixed data rate. The largest rate of reliable communication at a certain outage probability is called the outage capacity; a coding scheme that achieves the outage capacity is said to be universal since it communicates reliably over all slow fading channels that are not in outage. In the fast fading channel, in contrast, outage can be avoided due to the ability to average over the time variation of the channel, and one can define a positive capacity at which arbitrarily reliable communication is possible. Using these capacity measures, several resources associated with a fading channel are defined: 1) diversity; 2) number of degrees of freedom; 3) received power. These three resources form a basis for assessing the nature of performance gain by the various communication schemes.

Regarding outage capacity calculation in MATLAB, you can set a particular limit of SNR and then find sum capacity of all the received signal powers higher than that SNR limit.

BR,

Arif Khan,

Please press helped me.

outage capacity calculation in matlab

can u plz explain me a bit more abt how to find the outage capacity in matlab and also what will be the axis of graph???

waiting....

Status
Not open for further replies.