Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the need for A/D converter in communications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivaitsme

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A/D converter

hi guys, I just have a small doubt in communications, what is the need of a A/D converter even when a digital sourse is avialble in a communications network?

A/D converter

Well, it depends on the kind of network you are talking about, it actually depends on the distance between the 2 devices you want to network, if is short distance, (lets say 2 m) the you can directly use the available digital signal (I am assuming it take values of 0 and 5V connected by a copper cable). On the other hand if you have higher distances, you need to modulate the signals in same whay so that the digital signals can reach the objective. then you make the signals analog and you need an ADC to convert this signal back to digital at the receiver.

Cheers

Sal

Re: A/D converter

make piplined adc & if u make it send me

Added after 15 minutes:

this is the specs of ADC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back