Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
R-UIM: Overview: TheRemovable User Identity Module (R-UIM)system solution contains user information and data features on a removable smart card about the size of a postage stamp. Once personal data is stored on the R-UIM, it can be removed and reinserted in a new device, transferring all the personal data to the new device without programming.
The R-UIM is a dual-mode solution that can store both GSM provisioning and CDMA provisioning on a single card. CDMA subscribers can insert the dual-mode R-UIM card into a GSM phone and instantly have all of their subscription data available in a GSM network. When used with a GSM handset, the R-UIM operates like a GSM 11.11 Subscriber Identity Module (SIM). For international travelers, the R-UIM allows roaming across CDMA and GSM networks with the same multimode terminal.
* Enables users to program personal information once and roam between CDMA and GSM networks with a multimode device
* Eliminates the need for consumers to program phones, PDAs and other wireless devices with the same personal information multiple times
* Provides operators with state-of-the-art security for applications like mobile banking and commerce
* IS-820 standard
* Support for all standard CDMA authentication protocols
* Storage capacities from 300 bytes to 32 kilobytes