Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the effect of leakage power on threshold voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsitechnology

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Can anyone tell me how leakage power is directly proportional to threshold voltage?

I think it has to be inverseley proportional because Leakage current is inversely proportional so power will also be inversely proportional right?

Hai

Higher the Vt lower the leakage delay more.

This ststement explains u all.

enjoy.

Santu

That means the leakage power is less when the Vt is high and when Vt is low the leakage power is less so according to ur statement it is inversely proportional am i right?

hi vlsi
on time Delay of any transistor depends on the threshold level,,if th is more then it takes more time to turn on so the delay of that cell becomes more,,, on the other hand to get more Vth need to dope the substrate heavily which decreases the minarity careers by which the leakage power comes down,,,,,,
SO HVT CELLS GIVES LOWPOWER AND LOW PERFORMANCE

Reactions: vid31

vid31

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi vlsitechnology,

Vt and Leakage current is inversly proportional. So for transistors with low Vt , we have higher lekage current and vice versa.

regards,
sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back