Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the differnce between a computer and a cellphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siemprepeligroso

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What I am curious about and eager to understand is about the difference between a computer and new era cell phone since both of them have display/monitor, input/output, primary(secondary) memories, CPU, mass storage (memory cards), I guess I am missing something, my question has to do with the ARCHITECTURAL and ORGANIZATIONAL part of both devices...
PLS HELP ME
Thank you

Computer:
It uses microprocessor with higher power up to the order of Watt
Cell Phone:
Low power processor means save battery, reduce heat, lower speed, and much more minimums.

Computer:
It has a north and south bridge, BIOS, super power graphic cards, and not to mention DDRs with tremendous power consuming.
Cell Phone:
none

Computer:
You can put a massive heat sink, bunch of fans, and can weight up to 25Kg for desk top or several Kg for laptop.
Cell Phone:
No one wants to buy a 25Kg phone.

Computer:
You buy it at a computer shop.
Cell Phone:
You buy it at a cell phone shop.

Computer:
To call your friend with PC, you cannot place it beside your cheek
Cell Phone:
you can do that.

and many more.

Re: What is the differnce between a computer and a cellphone

computer is bigger in size as compare to phone.

Computer can perform more function as compare to mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back